This qualification is designed to meet the needs of those working away from immediate assistance (more than 30 mins) in the remote and rural regions of the UK. This Outdoor First Aid qualification is externally regulated and meets the standards to appear upon the national qualifications frameworks of England and Wales. This course is recognised throughout the UK and is the course of choice for experienced practitioners who use the outdoors.
It is suitable for workers in rural and remote settings and will maintain the license to practice for those with Outdoor National Governing Body Instructor awards.
The course meets the requirements of the Institute for Outdoor Learning Statement of Good Practice for Outdoor First Aid Training at Band 3. This is hosted upon the Institute for Outdoor Learning website.
Topics include; roles & responsibilities, dealing with collapse (with and without breathing), choking, bleeding, shock, major illnesses, torso and limb injuries, environmental effects, heat and cold injuries, using first aid kit, outdoor specific scenarios and outdoor incident management, answering queries such as when or how to remove boots, helmets and looking after a casualty for some hours.
This qualification is designed to provide outdoor incident management skills. Typical delivery methods are predominantly practical, with elements occurring out of doors in outdoor clothing and on various terrains. The course is assessed by continual observation of candidate performance.
Qualification training requires
- Minimum tutor contact time of 16 hours (excluding breaks)
- 1:12 tutor to candidate ratio
- Course must be completed within 9 weeks of starting
- Each delivery session must be a minimum of 2 hours
- Successful completion will result in candidate gaining ITC Level 3 Award in Outdoor First Aid with a valid (licence to practice) lifetime of 3 years from date of completion
- The qualification is revalidated by attending another similar course after 3 years
Costs are £125 per person + VAT and include course handbook, certification, tea and coffee. Prices for your centre (12 people) are £750 + VAT making it economical for you and your employees.